Sunday, September 9, 2012

My sentiments about Jesse Robredo's untimely demise.

Unresolved. This is what it is. Jesse Robredo's death remains a mystery. We are not stupid. You don't just die from a plane crash without any reason aside from engine failure. Where is the investigation at right now?

I think all those awards, honours, and what not given to Jesse Robredo were all a show. These are not enough to ease from the loss we had when our dear Jesse died. If the dead could speak, I bet Jesse would say that he'd be pleased, and his death not a waste, if what he started in the local government reform was continued.

About the government, what are you doing right now? P-Noy? You could have focused more on figuring out what had happened (unless you already know), instead of showed us some grandeur on TV like when Cory Aquino died from some cancer (a lot of people die of the same disease, even worse, but don't get that much attention). Attention does not solve anything. All those fancies are worthless. They don't change a thing. I would have appreciated it and would genuinely say that I see the government is really doing something if, instead for a grand ceremony for my modern-day hero Jesse Robredo, I see some real investigation, some real concern, some real effort to find out why things happened, why our Jesse died. Yeah I appreciate that grand stuff, but it's not supposed to close the curtains on what's happening. Gov't, I'm not saying you're evil or what, but there are two types of sins: one if you do something evil (commission), and the other is when you don't do something that you should have done (omission).

I don't know about this traditional politician Mar Roxas, but he's nothing like Jesse Robredo. This Mar Roxas goon is all about the position, about the elections, about climbing the political ladder. I hope that you do your job well, or at least even match what Jesse has done. We don't need another pretty politician face in that, not that you have one. We don't need another personality who looks good on screen. We don't need someone who waves confidently on camera, and flashes a smile when on the microphone.

On a final note, I just want to inspire a response from anyone who would be reading this. You may have your own thoughts on his death, speak up. Here's a report about Jesse's last actions before he died:

"Robredo confronted head of anti-illegal logging task force, Paje says "

Link: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/266548/robredo-confronted-head-of-anti-illegal-logging-task-force-paje-says

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are
    you using for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    My blog diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! ;)