Monday, December 1, 2008

The Advent of the Day

I've written a little something last night as I was about to sleep. I just couldn't stop savouring the taste and feel of the coming morning and the beauty of the night. It's as follows:

I miss the old, the morning shade
Where all is painted blue
It's almost like an age ago
That I've seen such scene, such view

So now in bed I make a wish
Hope it would come true
That this day on I'll start the day
Feeling all brand new

I've come to think of it, it's been quite some time since I've last seen the dawn where all is cold, blue, dark, yet what's exciting about it is that you expect the sun to show after quite a little while. Those times that I am able to behold the break of the day are a rarity. The reason is because I rarely ever wake up early in the morning... Even my morning classes are in jeopardy because I have a destructive habit of waking up late. I've never really given it much thought, I realize today.

The thought of the morning soothes me as I wrote this thought in my mind. It's late already -- you'll feel the chill. But somehow I feel sunlight already even though it's still less than 5 hours away from appearing. It just made me really yearn for the advent of the day when the sunlight hasn't yet lit the ground up. It's a cooling, rejuvinating experience, I ponder. Now, it makes me want to experience it more day by day.

I want sunlight in its first glance and rays. I want the morning where the dew are still untouched by light. I want the clouds that show a beautiful shade of blue. I like the streets colored all grey-blue. I want the coolness of the morning touching my soul and not just my skin. I want change. I want newness. I want this everyday.

Maybe it would be difficult for me to learn how to appreciate mornings the conventional way. But this spectacular encounter happening in my soul, I believe, would suffice for that need. It would all be easier now since I seem to have found a new purpose and understanding of the morning. It's an experience.

As I woke up today, I've never felt any better as if I didn't lack the sleep that I always did before. I somehow was able to capture a taste of the morning although it was less than perfect. This is a new day. This is a new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! ;)