Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Retreat

I've absconded like a vampire. I've retreated like a traitor in a war. I faced the challenges half-heartedly. I was watching for my own back and I was more than a coward. I should have turned to salt for what I have done but here I am today, seating comfortably.

Now, I am haunted by my faults. Much to my disappointment and reproach is that I have betrayed myself at such a time that I needed to do the most of and more than what I can. I have surrendered at an unpleasant time. I have chickened out when I should have been bold.

I'm guilty. I have no excuse. I have brought this disaster unto myself... and I must face them all.

I do not know what to expect. Let me be surprised. Let me be awakened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! ;)