Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Simple Smile

I will keep that glow, that grin on my face
And stand firm on the strength that I know I possess
'Cos I know it'll tear my world into pieces [anyway]
If I let this fear consume my happiness

I'll refuse to believe that now you might be gone
And hold on to the things that you've done
Let me hold my breath to be able to run [after you]
On this path of torns, scorched by the sun

A simple smile might be your solution
That'd save you out of your own distraction
I pray that you'd see 'round all the beautiful creation
And with my last breath I'd give you [my] full passion

I might be crying now, so you might see
But I know after a moment, from that sorrow I'm free
I will try to forget all my misery
I'll do what I do best, I know then you'll remember me

So don't you forget to give a simple smile
To everyone you might meet on the road
Though they be strangers you've met on the isle
Flash that smile, you'd ease down their load

Writer's notes:

For the 1st part: it says there that I'll decide to keep my smile, my energy, the glow inside me, and the strength in me and I'll decide not to be affected by the things around me. I should believe in myself and the stregth in me. They'd put me down anyway and my world will fall into pieces if I entertain those destructive thoughts.

For the 2nd part: It's for someone that you love or cherish or someone dear to you (special to you). Don't believe that they're gone. Don't let your eyes fool you. Have eyes of faith, but always tune in to the Lord (or to God) so that He'd give you direction. He'll inform you of the things you've done wrong and send you back to the track. Believe in the good things that were done. Also, sometimes, we must hold our breath to bear the pains and the stressful or difficult situations that we're going through. Soon, we'll realize that we've gone beyond that tribulation, that difficult road. You'd realize you're far ahead na pala. :)

For the 3rd part: Sometimes, we just need to 'smile it all away' and we'd get through. Smiling at times gives strength. It's a radiation of what's inside you, the energy within you. Let it glow. In the end, you'd be able to appreciate the things around you and be able to give your all in what you do and are supposed to do. :)

For the 4th part: Just read on na lang hehehe. Basta, tinatamad nako i-explain eh. Hehe. Maybe next time na lang. :p kulet!

1 comment:

  1. D G
    I will keep that glow, that grin on my face
    D A
    And hold on to the strength that I know I possess
    D G
    'Cos I know my world will fall into pieces
    Bm A F#m
    If I let this feeling overtake my happiness

    I'll refuse to believe that [now] you might be gone
    And continue onto the good things that was done
    I'll hold my breath to be able to run
    This torny track, scorched by the sun

    Em A D G
    A simple smile might be the solution
    Em A Bm
    That'd get me outside of distraction
    Em A D G
    So that I won't miss out on the action
    Em A G D
    Onto the price I'd give [my] full attention

    I might be crying now, you might see
    But after a moment, from that sorrow I am free
    I will try to forget all my misery
    I'll do what I do best, I know then you'll remember me

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment. I'd greatly appreciate it! ;)